LONG LIFE TRAINING AS A TOOL FOR IMPROVEMENT OF EMPLOYABILITY AND COMPETITIVENESS ..........................................................................
" European Territorial Cooperation Programme Greece - Bulgaria 2007-2013 ".
The Programme is co-funded by the European Union (ERDF) and National Funds of Greece and Bulgaria.
The project "LONG LIFE TRAINING AS A TOOL FOR IMPROVEMENT OF EMPLOYABILITY & COMPETITIVENESS" with acronym EMPLOCOMP has two priority axis - EMPLOYABILITY & COMPETITIVENESS.EMPLOCOMP
EMPLOYABILITY - being capable of getting and keeping fulfilling work. More comprehensively, employability is the capability to move self-sufficiently within the labour market to realise potential through sustainable employment. For individuals, employability depends on the knowledge, skills and abilities they possess, the way they use those assets and present them to employers, and the context (e.g. personal circumstances and labour market environment) within which they seek work.
COMPETITIVENESS - a comparative concept of the ability and performance of a firm, sub-sector or country to sell and supply goods and/or services in a given market. Although widely used in economics and business management, the usefulness of the concept, particularly in the context of national competitiveness, is vigorously disputed by economists.
The overall objective is the investment in human resources skills development with focus on entrepreneurship skills to balance sustainable territorial development and to reduce the regional inequalities.
Project duration: March 2011 - December 2012
The sub-objectives are :
- Entrepreneurship skills development via Lifelong training.
- Identification of good practice in regional partnerships and innovative strategies to foster an entrepreneurial culture in rural areas.
- Enhanced cooperation through LLL centres for training of human resources .
- Elaboration of instruments for the involvement of local stakeholders and citizens.
Brief History and Background of the Project
- Cross-border collaboration in the frame of INTERREG I & II and the programme INTERREG IIIA/PHARE CBC Greece - Bulgaria.
- Common structural problems:
abandonment of rural areas and urbanization, need for and reorientation of labour force to more competitive sectors, needs of entrepreneurship skills development of youth and women (unemployed, employees, self-employed entrepreneurs).
- Conference on disseminati on of best practices and workshops.
- Web site for the dissemination and internal communication of partners.
- Study of training needs analysis.
- Development of LLL motivator's profile, on line application, data base, code and manual.
- Development of modular training packages.
Target Group (Direct and Indirect Beneficients)
Total 469 trainees (Greece 190 & Bulgaria 279) mostly young and women in 20 groups for an average 50 hours per attendee in seminars, workshops and study visits.
All sectors of the economy: organic agriculture, energy production, energy conservation and recycling, trade in green products and some public spheres.
Meetings will be held in Blagoevgrad, Eastern Macedonia and Serres.
Different work packages for each stage:
W.P.1. Management & Coordination .
W.P.2. Information and Publicity .
W.P.3. Developing of Training Modules and ?raining Actions .
W.P.4. Study -Collecting Data of Training Needs Analysis .
W.P.5. Development of Support Technologies Tools-Establishment of Motivation Centers .
Sustainability of the Project and Correspondence to EU and National Policy
Project's sustainability is based on the strength to sustain results into daily operation after its completion. The LLL motivators' centers and the links for networking, are anticipated to be on function as self funded or co-funded by other National and European programmes.
National policy towards convergence from traditional business practices to electronic ones
- Greek national initiative related to the transformation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry to focal points for the conduction of business
- National policy towards reinforcement of business competitiveness
- National activities for use of IT and Telecom technology for networking regional / national authorities / policy makers.
CHAT ROOMInner chat for all users.
The official language is English.
The official language is English.
MotivationCenters For Motivation